This website at https://icashcars.co.uk/ (the “Website”), is operated by, or on behalf of, iCashCars Limited (“ iCashCars”/“we”/“us”) to provide users with a digital automotive marketplace that offers vehicle buying and selling services (“Services”). iCashCars is a Company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 11063712, having its registered office address is at iCashCars Limited, Pinescope, Nine Mile Ride, Wokingham Berkshire, RG40 3ND.
These Terms govern your use whether you access our Services via a computer, mobile device, or some other means.
Please read these Terms carefully before you start to use our Website. We recommend that you print a copy of them for future reference.
By using our Website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and that you agree to comply with them.
If you do not agree to these Terms, you must not use our Website or any of the Services.
Other Applicable Terms
The following additional terms also apply to your use of our Website:
This Website provides the Services through which you may:
- Submit details of your car or another vehicle to get an online valuation; and
- Submit your personal contact details in order for us or the traders (the “Traders”) registered on the iCashCars Trader’s Portal (the “Trader’s Portal”) to contact you about your car valuation, and/or a potential transaction regarding your vehicle.
You accept that any online valuation shown on our Website is indicative only and is based on a set of assumptions about your vehicle. You understand that the actual price offered and/or paid for your vehicle by iCashCars or a Trader may change following further discussion with, or inspection of the vehicle carried out by us or one of the Traders. Submitting your details to our Website does not oblige or bind you to sell your vehicle to us or any of the Traders.
Specific services that we offer, or make available to you from time to time, through the Website may also be governed by additional or alternative terms and conditions with us, or other third parties (including third party privacy policies). Where you take up any such services, please review these additional terms and conditions carefully.
Traders registered on the iCashCars Trader’s Portal
You acknowledge that the valuations on our Website are not final offers to buy the vehicles at that price from the Traders or from us. You further acknowledge that you are not contracting directly with us for the provision of any car buying services and that we are only providing services to facilitate the sale of your car to Traders. It is stated that in certain instances we may also buy cars from the leads that we have generated. This however, does not constitute as a guarantee that we are in any way obliged to buy cars from the customers directly. We have a specific buyer model that we operate and which has been detailed on the Website. Although we select the Traders carefully (to attempt to provide you with the best possible price for your vehicle, and the best possible customer service), we are not party to your transaction with any Trader. As such, we do not make any representations, guarantees or warranties of any kind on behalf of the Traders.
All communication between you and any of the Traders is subject to the terms and conditions of the Trader, and we accept no responsibility for any deal, car purchase, payment or disputes that may arise between you and the Trader.
Permitted use of our website and valuation tool
Our Valuation Tool has been designed to allow private individuals or businesses wishing to sell a car on their own behalf (i.e. not as part of their own commercial activities) to obtain a valuation of their car and to provide them with the opportunity to sell the car.
You are only permitted to access and use the Valuation Tool for personal, non-commercial purposes (i.e. not as part of your own commercial activities). Use of the Valuation Tool to obtain car valuations for commercial purposes, for example, to value cars you intend to sell to third parties and not to us, is strictly prohibited.
We continuously monitor the use of our Valuation Tool and use technology to inform us of any improper, commercial use. If we identify any improper commercial use of the Valuation Tool, we may charge you a fee for each unauthorized valuation you processed using our Valuation Tool. Use of our Website and Services is free of charge. However, if you are using our Website or Services for commercial purposes, we may decide to issue you with an invoice for each valuation you obtain using the Valuation Tool (a “Commercial Online Valuation”). The cost per Commercial Online Valuation is £4.95 plus VAT.
Valuation Tool and Car Purchase
Any valuation generated by the Valuation Tool on our Website (an ” Online Valuation“) is based on the information you tell us about your car (the “Car“) and on the following general assumptions we make about your Car (the “Assumptions“):
- it has a minimum of 6 months MOT;
- it is not an import, i.e. it is a right-hand drive vehicle with UK registration plates;
- it has never been subject to an insurance write off or used for private hire, rental, driving tuition or as a police vehicle;
- there are no major mechanical faults with the car;
- it does not have a personalized registration plate, or, if the vehicle has a personalized registration plate it will remain with the Car and no value is assigned to it;
- it has no damage, including interior and mechanical;
- it has an engine which starts and it can idle on its own, i.e. it is not a “non-runner”;
- you have two sets of keys for the car.
Once the Online Valuation is completed, you have the option at the time that our sales agents contacts you to amend any of the Assumptions and provide us with further details about your Car.
The minimum Online Valuation is £50.00.
An Online Valuation is not an offer by us or the Traders to purchase the Car. It is simply a tool to enable you to estimate the value of your car and the price which we or the Traders may be willing to pay for it.
We have two specific ways in which we offer Services for the sale of your cars. The first is where we may buy your car/vehicle ourselves. Once you get an online valuation and consent to receiving a call back from us, you will be contacted by our sales team representative to collect further information and pictures of the car. For cars that we may be interested in buying ourselves, a physical on-site inspection of the car is then carried out by our On-Site inspectors. We always carry out a physical inspection of the Car before we agree to buy it. If, on inspection of the Car at the Appointment, we consider that the value of the Car is affected by any aspect of its history or condition, including any unusual feature or customization or anything which affects or limits the Assumptions we made about the Car, which was not apparent to us when we gave the Online Valuation, the price that we may be willing to pay for it following an inspection (the “Price”) is likely to differ from the Online Valuation.
The second and more predominant way in which we offer our Services is where we have a specific buyer model to facilitate the sale of your cars to the Traders registered with iCashCars through the iCashCars Trader’s App/Portal. Once you/the customer gets an online valuation for their vehicles and consent to receiving a call back from us, you will be contacted by our sales team representative to collect further information and pictures of the car. After double-checking the information from the customer, the car is then sent to the Trader’s App/Portal and leads to the vehicle are available for the Traders to purchase. A Trader who purchases the lead, will then have direct contact with you to book an appointment (the “Appointment”) at the convenience of both the parties. At this stage, the physical on-site inspection of the car is made which is essential prior to the sale of the vehicle to the Traders.
We/the Traders are not obliged to purchase any Car for which an Appointment is set and (in particular we/the Traders reserve the right to turn you away from an Appointment if you are selling the Car for commercial purposes, e.g. in the course of a motor trade business). Similarly, you are not obliged to sell any car for which an Appointment is set with us or with the Trader.
For Agreements to sell the car to us directly: A binding agreement for purchase of the Car will only be made once you have signed the standard written purchase contract (the “Contract”). The terms and conditions that apply to the Contract can be viewed here (provide link)
At the time of making the Contract, we will expect you to provide us with:
- all copies of the Car’s keys you have;
- the Car’s registration document (together with appropriate proof of purchase if requested by us);
- the Car’s service history (if any);
- the Car’s MOT certificate (if any);
- the Car’s user manuals (if any); and
- any accessories there may be such as a locking wheel nut, radio fascia or remote controls.
We will also expect you to remove any personal possessions from the Car once the Contract has been concluded. We will not be responsible for any personal items lost once the Car is in our possession.
In the event that you fail to comply with these hand-over requirements, you agree that we have the right to withdraw any offer to buy the Car with immediate effect, to rescind or terminate any Contract with immediate effect, and/or to indicate a revised Price at which we will be prepared to purchase the Car. If we elect to rescind the Contract, we will return the Car to you, and you will refund the Price to us.
Agreement to sell your car to a Trader: You understand and acknowledge that for contracts to sell your car to any of the Traders, you will be bound to follow the procedure and terms and conditions set out by the Traders, including signing of any written purchase contract with the Trader and other formalities outlined by the Trader.
We guarantee we are willing to assist you in selling every car that we value on the Website. Our Trader’s model has been specifically designed to meet this objective. So that we don’t waste your time, if there is a change in the market value of your car resulting in a reduced valuation, then we endeavor to let you know what the new valuation before your appointment, so that you have the opportunity to cancel, if you choose to do so.
We pay by bank transfer, using Faster Payments where available.
If you wish to find out more about this part of our service, please contact our Customer Service team at [email protected]
Third Parties and Third Party Services
- work with third parties ((including, for example, advertising networks, analytics providers, automotive data providers, search information providers or social networks) and receive information about you from them.
You understand that this Website may contain:
- links to third party products, services, websites and/or suppliers that are not affiliated with us. We have no control over these products, services or websites and we do not guarantee, endorse or take responsibility for them.
- advertising from third parties. We are not responsible for any misleading or inaccurate advertisements which are the sole responsibility of the advertiser. Any links or advertisements on this Website should not be taken as an endorsement by us of any kind.
- data provided by third parties. We accept no responsibility for any inaccuracies in this material.
You agree to release us from claims or disputes of any kind arising from such third party content or in any way connected to such disputes with third parties.
The Services, including the content on this Website are provided for information only. We are not giving you any advice, investment, financial or otherwise in respect of your car; or recommending or endorsing any Trader or other third party service. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on this Website.
Our Intellectual Property
We, or our licensors, own all intellectual property rights in the Website, information and content available on the Website, any database operated by us, any proprietary software utilised by us to enable you to use this Website and the underlying source code (“iCashCars IP”). All rights are reserved.
Warranties about the Website
The Website (including all content on it) is provided by us on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the maximum extent permitted by the applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind, either express or implied:
- regarding the Website (including its content), including as to quality, suitability for any purpose (including your needs), compatibility, reliability, accuracy, completeness, timeliness, access or use of information provided by any Trader and/or is accessed or obtained by you via the Website, or otherwise through using our Services; or
- that the Website will operate continuously, without interruptions or be fault-free. From time to time, we may need to make the Website unavailable with or without notice to carry out maintenance or upgrade work. We accept no liability for any interruption or loss of service.
Although we use reasonable endeavors to ensure that our Website does not contain or promulgate any viruses or other malicious code, we do not guarantee that our Website will be free from bugs, viruses or malicious code and we will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, programs or data due to your use of our Website.
We make this Website, including any offer or promotion of any Service, available for United Kingdom residents only and we make no representations, guarantees or warranties that the Services are available or appropriate for use by those outside the United Kingdom.
The aim of iCashCars is to provide vehicle sellers with a simple, efficient way to sell their vehicle online and get the best possible offers.
Our pricing is based on an analysis between multiple different pricing guides available to the motor trade.
Any claims relating to this research are subject to change over time and variance in samples. Research and related claims are updated regularly.
For more information, please contact us at [email protected]
Exclusions of our liability
We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (including, without limitation, any indirect or consequential loss), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
1. Your use of, or inability to use, this Website and/or our Services.
2. Your use of, or reliance on, any content or software displayed on or provided through, our Services and/or Website.
3. Any failure or delay in any component of our Website, the provision of any Service or the provision by a Trader of its services to you or any third party.
4. Any transaction or agreement between you and any Trader, or attempt to enter into an agreement or transaction with any Trader, such as the sale or purchase of a car.
Restrictions on use of the Website and Services
You must not (and you must not allow others to):
- use an automated program (including, without limitation, any web-crawling or screen-scraping software or any equivalent technology or techniques), to view or access the Website or Services for the purpose of collecting, obtaining and/or accumulating (or other similar activity) data or content on our Website.
- attempt to gain unauthorized access to our Website or Services, the server on which our Website or Services is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website.
- reproduce, republish, transmit or distribute any content or information on this Website, or that form part of our Services, including as part of any database (electronic or otherwise), without our prior written consent.
- transmit any material designed to interrupt, damage, destroy or limit the functionality of our Website or Services or otherwise interfere with any other user’s enjoyment of our Website or Services.
- attempt to copy our data our reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile our processes or any part of the Website or Services.
- use our Website or Services in any manner that is illegal, immoral or harmful to us (including to commit or facilitate any fraud against us or any Trader).
- infringe any rights (including intellectual property rights) belonging to us or any third party in relation to your use of the Website or Services, including not removing or altering any copyright notices that appear on our Website or Services.
- use this Website or the Services to conduct car valuations for cars you do not own (unless you have received permission to do so from the owner), or submit false personal or contact information in order to obtain pricing data for a vehicle or multiple vehicles.